Who are you?
You are highly motivated to help Democrats win in 2018? Have you done some volunteering but want to take on more responsibility? Want to see all the aspects of political campaigns first-hand and learn what it takes to build a winning strategy? We want it you on the Volosin Victory Squad!
The position of volunteer organizer on the Volosin Victory Squad are open to all people regardless of age or previous experience. While scheduling can be flexible, program hours are approximately 15-30 weekly hours.
Positions are available in Roanoke, VA. (There will be opportunities in more cities in the future).
The organizers will work directly with the campaign manager to execute the voter outreach operation and other high-level campaign tasks. This is a leadership position in the campaign. While at this time this is a volunteer position, all future open positions will favor volunteer organizers.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Voter outreach
- organize voter outreach and fundraising activities
- producing and delivering program briefings and debriefings as assigned
- leading training on these topics, guiding volunteers in the basics of phone banking, canvassing, donor research, etc.
- assisting in policy, media or fundraising research
- Administrative tasks
- answering email and responding to inquiries
- coordinating and scheduling events
- producing program materials (e.g. name tags; reading materials; etc.)
- updating team daily schedule
- Social media*
- planning social media updates for the week
- running the campaign social media accounts
- designing graphics and research
- additional tasks as assigned
- *strongly encouraged but not mandatory
- Dependable, committed and flexible– work with the campaign to schedule your time, but be able to give a dependable amount of hours a week
- Openness to working with volunteers, and teaching them new skills
- Comfortable taking leadership and responsibility
- Intellectual and political curiosity
- A team player
- General knowledge of the electoral process; extensive knowledge of regional and state politics a plus